50 years of experience and technical expertise worldwide
Providing the industry with the most versatile and reliable flange and valve machining technology
The SERCO XP machines all work on the same principle. They are set up and fixed in place by a column/arm system. This clamping principle allows high precision performance of internal machining operations.
The XP machines setup is fast and easy. The design allows for independent adjustment of the concentricity and parallelism to reach a precision of 1/100 mm with a surface finish of Ra. 1.6 to Ra. 12.7.
SERCO also designed inclinable heads to allow boring operations, RTJ grooves and conical machining works. These inclinable heads attach to the end of a fixing arm. The results are extremely accurate and precise.
Besides the above-mentioned inclinable heads, SERCO also designed clamping devices -FSTG range- which allow all the XP Machines to be clamped on the outside of a flange in order to machine the seal surface AND the bolt working surface. Using the inside of the holes to catch the flange, the FSTG clamping device avoids any distortion during the setup of the machine. The gasket surface will not be deformed even after removal of the machine.
All the machines can be used with a FSTG device:
FSTG 500: XP400 + XP600
FSTG 1000: XP900
FSTG 2050: XP1200 to XP2000
FSTG 2500: XP2200 to XP2500
FSTG 3300: XP3200
With a precision of 1/100 mm and a surface finish up to Ra 1.6 and to Ra. 12.7, the SERCO XP machines are the best performing and most accurate machines available to perform your surfacing operations.
In some fields of activity (Petroleum, Refineries, Offshore, etc.), the seal surface’s required roughness varies between Ra. 3.2 & Ra. 12.7. Thanks to the adjustable radial feed, SERCO machines are able to accommodate different demands and standards.
The machines are designed to be set up quickly and easily even in the most severe working conditions. Since the column height and the concentricity adjustment are independent of each other, it takes only two steps to accurately set up and adjust the machine for it to be ready to operate.
The SERCO XP machines are set up easily in even the tightest spaces, and in all positions. Its light weight, compact dimensions and ergonomic design allow for easy installation and use by a singleoperator.
For example, the SERCO XP machines are especially suitable for Ring Type Joint flanges which are generally used in high pressure and/or high temperature operations for oil and gas applications.
The SERCO XP machining units are designed for the repair and maintenance of virtually all dimensions and materials of many diverse components such as:
- Safety valves
- Sealing surfaces
- Hole surfaces
- High pressure valves
- Flat seats
- Conical seats
- RTJ Grooves
The SERCO XP machines are also designed for dependable, high performance machining in extreme conditions.
Used in many diverse and demanding industries:
- Power Plant (Nuclear, Thermal, Hydraulic)
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Valve manufacturing / machining
- Maintenance and Repair contractors operating in these fields of activity
Different XP models are available:
- XP 400 |radial stroke: 1.2” (30 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 15.7” (400 mm)
- XP 600 | radial stroke: 1.6” (40 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 23.6” (600 mm)
- XP 900 | radial stroke: 2.4” (60 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 35.4” (900 mm)
- XP 1200 | radial stroke: 4” (100 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 47.2” (1200 mm)
- XP 1500 | radial stroke: 4” (100 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 59” (1500 mm)
- XP 1800 | radial stroke: 8” (200 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 71” (1800 mm)
- XP 2000 | radial stroke: 8” (200 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 82” (2080 mm)
- XP 2200 | radial stroke: 8” (200 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 90” (2280 mm)
- XP 2500 | radial stroke: 8” (200 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 101.57” (2580 mm)
- XP 3200 | radial stroke: 8” (200 mm) – Ø facing from 0.78” (20 mm) to 129.13” (3280 mm)
In Oil & gas, piping and fittings are under severe conditions. High pressure, continuing flows and hazardous products cause quick equipment wear.
The good condition of these systems is essential for the smooth running of the business. When a flange is identified as defective, it has to be either replaced or refurbished.
The implantation of a brand new flange involves many machines, operators and time (cutting, end-preparation, welding, inspection, etc.) and is always more expensive than it would appear. SERCO proposes with the XP series machine a highly cost effective solution to extend the life of the flanges and cut the flange maintenance budget.
The SERCO XP machines are designed to be used directly on the flange and machine the damaged surfaces. The aim of these machines is to bring on-site a better machining accuracy than stationary machine-tools.
With a precision of 1/100 mm and a surface finish up to Ra 1,6 the Serco XP are the most accurate machines available to perform your surfacing works. This accuracy is the result of more than 40 years of technical experience, knowledge and customers understanding all over the world. As a matter of facts, SERCO is the only manufacturer in the world to supply a machine with concentricity and flatness adjustments totally independent. Thereby, once the flatness is done and locked, the concentricity is done without upsetting the flatness. This independent adjustment system allows to save a lot of time and to reach the best accuracy possible.
Reaching such a high level of precision does not go hand in hand with large and heavy machine. The SERCO XP machines are the more compact and the lightest flange facing equipment available.
Some tubular components, flanges, valves, high pressure valves, sealing valves, valves seats, conical seats and others require preventive maintenance but also sometimes curative maintenance.
Some of those components are light, easy to disassemble and consequently easy to transport.
Some maintenance or repair works can be easily scheduled.
Some maintenance or repair works can suppose that some parts or components will have to be put on a workshop fixed machine which will be mobilized for those works. This will mean that in most cases, the following actions will have to be done:
- First, the part(s) will have to be disassembled.
- They will have to be packed for the shipment.
- A specific shipment will have to be organized.
- If the case arises, the parts will be stored awaiting the availibity of a lathe, or of a milling machine or other appriopriate workshop fixed machine.
- Several persons, including material handlers, will also be mobilized.
- A return shipment will have to be organized.
- Strict and complicated handlings will have to be performed in order to avoid damaging the parts during their shipment and during their re-assembly on site.
- Any other actions which will be necessary (particularly, if the components that need a re-machining, a maintenance or a repair, have been subject to hazardous environment - ionizing radiation for example...).
An on site machining, performed by machining professionals, with portable machining equipment adapted to the need, represent then an undeniable better solution:
- the operator is travelling on site
- the operator performs the job directly on the part to machine.
PROTEM and SERCO machines are portable machines, designed to perform on site high quality machining operations.
PROTEM and SERCO operators are experienced technicians, able to operate on your sites, whatever they are, wherever they are.
PROTEM and SERCO operators:
- have the required authorizations;
- benefit from PROTEM and SERCO experience, that is to say more than 30 years of experience;
- know how to advise our customers in order to solve their machining problems and to give them adapted solutions;
- have machines known all over the world, for their quality, their sturdiness, their reliability and their capacities;
- are professionals who offer the industry their know-how and competences.