Headwall Partners LLC (“Headwall Partners” or “Headwall”), an independent corporate finance and strategic advisory firm primarily focused on the steel & metals industry, has just announced the publication of its fourth annual “Headwall Steel & Metals Growth Survey”. Headwall’s annual survey examines the perspectives of corporate leaders of the North American steel & metals industry regarding their outlook for sources and rates of sector growth and the impact of economic policy and politics on such growth. Special for this year, the survey also examines the outlook and expectations for the 2020 election cycle.
Peter J. Scott, Founder and Managing Partner of Headwall Partners commented, “This year’s growth survey draws some very interesting conclusions from senior sector executives, including a near consensus on the benefits of past and expected future Trump Administration economic policies and the near-unanimous expectation that Trump will win reelection. Also quite interesting is the lack of consensus on the impact of 232 trade restrictions, with a very broad range of financial implications experienced from 232 across the sector.”
Headwall conducted a detailed survey of sector executives at the Chairman, CEO and CFO levels to assess how management teams in the steel industry are pursuing growth. Participating companies represented a broad spectrum of the industry’s subsectors, sizes, and ownership structures. The survey focused on the policies of the Trump Administration, impact of an election year on the steel & metals sector outlook, general expectations for economic and sector growth rates, and corporate plans for strategic growth.
Sample survey results include:
· 73% of respondents believe the economic policies of the Trump Administration had a positive impact on recent US GDP growth. 86% of respondents believe Trump Administration policies will have a positive impact on 2020 GDP, up from last year’s response;
· 41% of respondents are more optimistic about the prospects for their company’s financial performance over the next three years than over the past three years, down from last year’s survey result;
· 68% of respondents expect their company to be equally active or more active in M&A over the next three years than in the past three, also down from last year’s survey;
· 91% of respondents believe Donald Trump will win the 2020 presidential election.
· Regarding Section 232 steel & aluminum tariffs, 37% of respondents believed the tariffs helped the financial performance of their company, 41% responded that such performance was harmed, and the remainder saw no impact.
The complete results of Headwall’s survey can be found at https://www.headwallpartners.com/publication.
About Headwall Partners
Headwall Partners LLC is a corporate finance and strategic advisory firm focused principally on the steel & metals industry. Led by veteran investment banker Peter J. Scott, Headwall Partners provides strategic advice on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity placements, restructurings, valuations, and other financial services. Clients rely on Headwall Partners for its in-depth industry knowledge, candid advice, and intellectual rigor. Headwall Partners conducts its business in alliance with affiliate firms in order to augment Headwall’s industry expertise with the specific product expertise of its affiliates. Headwall Partners is based in Greenwich, Connecticut, and serves clients globally. To learn more about Headwall Partners, please visit www.headwallpartners.com.
Transactions in securities are executed by a registered broker-dealer.