The Solution for Accurate Diameter and Ovality Measurement!
Diameter Scanner and Flaw Detector in One Unit ZUMBACH, pioneer of on-line measurement and its triple axis ODAC TRIO laser diameter gauges belong to the market leaders of super fast diameter measuring devices. 3 synchronized measurement axis in 1 single plane provide comprehensive measurement coverage, peak-precision diameter and ovality measurement as well as precise and super-fast flaw detection capabilities. Such combinations will help to reduce system costs due to the combination of diameter measurement and flaw detection into one single measuring device. Optimum process control in continuous manufacturing processes are guaranteed thanks to highest precision and reliability. The combination of super fast scan rates, highly precise and reliable measurement contribute to the reduction of scrap and production costs: your manufacturing process remains profitable all along.
Thanks to the compact design, the ODAC TRIO measuring heads can be used in virtually every manufacturing process in the wire and cable industry, the plastics and rubber industry as well as the steel and metal industry. Known for precision, quality and ease of use the laser measuring heads from ZUMBACH are among the best of their class. The technological basis considered for these measuring heads is always of the latest cutting edge technology, with laser diodes as light sources combined with intelligent and powerful measured-value processors which facilitate a simple and flexible integration.
- 9000 measurements per second
- 3 synchronized measurement axes on 1 single plane
- Reliable detection of the ovality
- Yields highly accurate mean value, regardless of the orientation of the product ovality
- Increased measurement accuracy and reliability
- High dirt and dust tolerance
- Amongst the outstanding features are features such as single scan calibration (CSS), single scan monitoring and high data rate output of up to 200* data packages per second. The measuring heads can be used with all line speeds. Vibrations during production have no noticeable influence on measurements.
* Depending on the measuring head model, the number of transmitted measured values as well as the baud rate of the interface.
As a pioneer of on-line measurement committed to extensive research and development activities, ZUMBACH Electronics has continuously grown as one of the world-wide leading manufacturers of in-line measuring and control systems. Top priority at ZUMBACH Electronics remains to be customer relationships through local presence combined with proven high-quality products, services, personal consulting and support. ZUMBACH’s PROFILEMASTER® systems are developed from a core set of proprietary mega pixel camera/laser modules and software technologies. The application of these technologies has been adapted to serve specific measurement, monitoring and surface flaw detection needs for; extruded plastic and rubber tubes, hoses, profiles, wire and cable, wood, plastic composites, steel rod, bar, profiles and much more.
Depending on the customer application and product dimension, ZUMBACH offers a full range of PROFILEMASTER® gauges, including models for small precision profiles starting from a dimension of 0.5 mm (.02 in.), cold formed tubes and profiles as well as medium size products, hot or cold, up to dimensions of 600 mm (23.6 in.)
PROFILEMASTER® systems are available with 1 up to 8 laser/camera modules measuring continuously the cross section of the moving profile. A powerful PC-based processor combines the captured line images of the individual cameras to yield the momentary cross-section of the profile. All relevant dimensions such as width, height, angle and radius or other geometric quantities are computed to characterize the full cross-sectional picture. An operator-friendly graphic display of this data allows the product to be monitored during the production. The nominal values for the profile can be directly imported from CAD design files, which allows easy and problem free configuration of the device. Changes in speed and twist within normal limits have no influence on the measurement precision.
Customer Benefits / Main Features
- Provides 100% inspection in real time
- Reduces start-up time
- Increases the repeatability and precision of your end product
- Improves process control
- Reduces scrap
- Saves raw material and post processing costs
- Detects process problems at an early stage
- Integrates in a seamless way to your network or higher-level systems
- Simple cleaning requirements, giving short maintenance needs
- Logging of all production data for QC department
- Makes post production measurements irrelevant
- Surface fault detection (SFD) thanks to high sampling rate
- Compilation of a 3D model thanks to high sampling rate
- Reliable operation in harsh conditions, product temperatures up to 1200° C